Movie Review

I was bored with The Sims and browsing that I had done. Then I search to my unwatch DVD piles. I selected 4 movies out of those piles. They are Wicker Park, Pan's Labyrinth, The Fountain, and Casanova. I review only the first 3 because I am impressed with them. Let's start with the first one.

Wicker Park:
A story about love lost and found. The storyline is moving back to past then forth to present. The story is revealed from each character's view. Like any other love story this movie ends happily but the twisting love triangle gives spice on it. I love the editing effect on most of the scenes which takes me to look the scenes from pieces of glass. Good soundtrack too! The plot set in winter about a young man named Matthew who's obsessed to find his long lost girlfriend. This girl, Lisa, vanished without a trace 2 years ago. One day he finds a glimpse trace of her and he begins his search. Then the 2 reunite. I wish Matthew and Lisa never reunite. I pity Alexis the girl who causes Matt and Lisa separation. I'd love to see the ending that he hook up with Alexis and Lisa really vanishes. I think Matt's eyes only projected to Lisa because she has stunning beauty, blond, height, and body. In the other side Alexis has ordinary face, short, red hair, and little chubby. I'm on your side Alexis!

Pan's Labyrinth:
The plot set in Spain in 1944. A girl named Ofelia with her pregnant and ill mother are on their way to rural area of Spain to accompany Ofelia's stepdad in the war field. Unable to find comfort in the harsh real world surround her then Ofelia builds an imaginary world of fairy tale. Should you not be deceived by the fairy tale theme. This movie isn't for children. Many violent scenes and blood spilled along the story.

The Fountain:
A story about life, love, and death. A researcher husband is seeking a cure for his wife who's apparently having brain tumor. The hubby is devoting himself in a research and is hoping that the result can be used to cure his wife. Tragically the wife dies when the result indicating the cure for the tumor. This movie is extraordinary in my opinion because the plot isn't set in one linear storyline but 3 parallel stories. The movie is supported with awesome soundtrack too. I love how amazingly brave the wife facing her own dead. She isn't afraid at all. She also encourages her husband to finish the final chapter of her novel. I'm in awe how the actors play their role. No crybaby impression I had about this movie although a lot of tears is shed. In the other hand I felt the lost of the husband. I'm also deeply impressed by the wife's perspective about death. Death is a road to awe.