Sold

Yesterday the house maid of my boarding house, where I live, told every room renters to gather at 9 pm in the house owner's resident. His house and the renters are in one big house but it's separated with different entrance doors. The owner lives in the front part of the house while the tenants live in the hind. All his room renters are females because this is female only boarding house. The owner name is Koh Ayong. Koh is a term in chinese to address an older male fellow in order to pay respect. Back to the invitation. The maid said that the owner had an urgent announcement. I wondered what would that annoucement be. Would it be the raise of the room cost? Or would it be application of the earlier curfew for visiting male guest?

This night my questions were answered. None of those predictions above were close enough to the annoucement. Koh Ayong invited his renters inside his house. While he was serving his guests, he said that the house was sold to a couple of husband and wife from Padang and he will move out on this 20th October. We were surprise with that news. Major questions from the girls were about the rent cost and the new policy. Koh Ayong replied that the cost will not raise. He added that the new owners are nice couple. They will live with their 2 children. He implied nothing to worry about. In his last words he added that he takes his maid when he leaves. Now he is in searching of temporary maid to wash and iron the girls clothes.

My concern about this new owner are the house rules. They are moslems. Most moslems owners, as I once surveyed, have stricter rules and more conservative. That was why I prefer to rent a room from chinese. Well. I've made my decision. It's not nice to make prejudice to someones you have not known yet. Hopefully they are not conservative as I think.