Work Hard Study Harder Play Less

I was busy at work and hardly managed the time between my job and Japanese class. I was thinking to stop taking the class if the work load kept overwhelming me. Thank God the hard work paid off. I had a good review and salary raise. My boss also gave constructive inputs for my progress. I'm blessed for it.

My former teacher resigned and too bad I didn't have the chance to say good bye to her. She is a kind teacher and I like to study under her guidance. Her position is replaced by a new teacher. He's a good teacher too. He spent few years in japan and thus gives different perspective on Japanese learning. However, the Japanese school I'm going to has a applied new system that is less flexible, unlike the former curriculum. It's troublesome for a working student like me.

I'm dedicating my free time for productive activity. I used to watch movies in my spare time but it doesn't didn't contribute to self improvement, only self indulging. Now I use the time for drawing and studying. I've been Been studying Japanese for almost 1,5 years but haven't been fluent until now. I only understand simple greetings

Still I love to play around. I went out with friend of the house on the last weekend. We went sightseeing and ended up buying clothes because there was a discount event. Honestly I didn't want to buy anything because I have spent a lot in the last month but shopping is a way to release stress. It's like guilty pleasure. After that we went to Starbucks for expensive cups of coffee. I didn't fancy the coffee but the place has a good hang out view. At night Jakarta has a good metropolitan view with lights everywhere.