Long Road to Heaven

My first contact to the net was 7 years ago when my old pal from junior high school made my first email account. The location took place at one of internet station in the campus library. Mainly I used the internet for sending and replying email.

One day I went to internet rental at the campus. I browsed to msn chat. That was my first contact to chatting world. I went online more often since then. I began going online from my house using the dial up connection. I went online for hours. In the end it effected the monthly telephone bill. Mom was upset for it. I was wondering how I could have internet connection at home without adding any rupiah to the bill.

Time flew. I kept online from internet cafe and sometimes via dial up at home if it was urgent. Then a year ago my dad decided to subscribe to Speedy. Yippie!! Finally I could online at home although it was limited access. Yuck!! Three months later my dad unsubscribe the provider because he seldom use it.

I kept wondering why was it so hard to go online from home. I kept dreaming having internet at my room in Jakarta. Then one day a friend, living in the same boarding house, told me that she was going to subscribe to speedy unlimited. In addition she was looking for friends to share the monthly payment. That was dream come true!! I've been longing for this moment. Off course I'd love to share the subscribe and the payment.

Finally after 7 years waiting I am able to go online from my own room. I have unlimited access plus affordable monthly cost. What a long road to heaven.