Reunion Overview

A short message came to my mobile phone last night telling all Visual Communication Design (VCD) graduates of the class of 2004 to gather at Erasmus Huis. The agenda was hanging out reunion for the graduates who are presently working in Jakarta. At first I didn't have intention to come up because of the coming deadline. Then the second message came. It said, "Too bad you can't make to come. Most graduates have agreed with the timing. Please spare your time. It'll be hard in the future to match their schedules for another reunion." I straightly confirmed to be counted in.

At 1 pm the graduates gathered at Erasmus Huis. After that we headed to Pizza Hut outlet in Plaza Indonesia for hanging out and ordering late lunch. There were 6 of us in the outlet. Because of our small numbers we sent some short invitation texts to the VCD earlier and later graduation class currently working in Jakarta. Few minutes later they showed up. Later on the small outlet capacity wasn't able to accomodate our numbers. Therefore we moved to Starbucks to have wider space. Our chit chat continued to the plaza food court where we ordered dinner. Overall I spent nearly all money in my wallet for pizza, dinner, and beverage. Night getting late thus the party had to be closed down. In the end we said goodbye to each other.

Hanging out in a plaza located in the heart of Jakarta business central off course was lavish. Despite its extravagant ambience this reunion was truly worthy to attend. I didn't only catch up with the latest news of my friends but also their knowledge. During the fuzz I absorbed their knowledge like a sponge. It was really enriching my insight on how managing a work, making an interesting resume, presenting oneself well in an interview, getting a kick ass idea, and so on, and so on.

I usually avoid any kind of reunion because of its location in lavish and extravagant plaza and mall where I rarely order either food or beverage and do shopping. But this day it changes my judgement on reunion, I won't be mind to attend another one next time. The knowledge transfer is priceless.