My Relationship with My Parents

I lived with my mom almost half of my lifetime because my dad was away to work from city to city. He came home only on holidays, or when he was assigned in my hometown. He spoiled my with money whenever he was at home. I respect him, when I knew, that he had to sacrifice his time at home to support me and mom.

I am closer to my mom even until this time, but our relationship is not always smooth. At some points in my life, she was over control, and I hated her. In the end of the day, I realized, she did what a mother must do. My father often plays as a mediator to make up the relationship between me and my mother better. When I lost my temper, my mom always takes it patiently.

I am the only child in my family. Eventhough my parents aren't rich, they will do to help me to achieve my goals. Sometimes, I feel like an unuseful child, because I haven't been able to give back anything significant for them.

Mom, dad...

I will work harder and make you proud!