Getting Hit On

I take public transport to go home.

This happened few months back in 2009. As soon as I entered the door. I FELT that a man kept looking at me. I say FELT because I didn't look straight into his eyes but from the corner of my eyes I could FEEL that he kept looking at me.

For few minutes on the road he was silent. Then he broke the silence by asking where I came from before hopping in. "From office", I replied briefly. Then he asked where my office is. "Near here". He kept and kept asking me. I replied because I didn't want to be rude and there were few passengers in the vehicle so I thought it was safe. I didn't bother to ask something about him because i wasn't interested in knowing him.

I didn't complain and he thought that I was open for his further questions. He kept asking about what my job is and what I do at my job. During the interrogation we sat on a long bench next to each other. I saw that next to him was a lot of space for him to sit but he kept pushing his way to me and sticking plus rubbing his shoulder into me. I was disgusted and creeped! Again I didn't yell at him because I didn't want to be rude and impolite to a much older person. He looked like 35-40 something.

At that very moment I felt that there was something wrong with him and I needed to stand up for myself. I said to him, "Sir, why don't you ask questions to other women around. There are plenty". I waved to a woman sitting in front of me, "Miss, miss, this man needs a word with you". This not so gentleman pulled his shoulder off of me. I was relieved but my heart was still beating fast and my body was shaking a bit.

Then his last words before stepping out of the vehicle were, "I'm a member of a movie committee". I didn't buy his words because I'm a graphic designer and I know that the relation of graphic designing and movie making doesn't click.

How do you deal with the situation of getting hit on?