In Relationship or Not?

I have the curiosity on his relationship status. He is seeing someone or not. Furthermore I want to know whether he's currently crushing someone or not if he does not have any girl. His friendster says "it's complicated" while his facebook says "single". In addition to his friendster he states he's closing off from love to keep him from its pain. His blog states he's under broken heart status. He can't forget a girl from his past. I assume he's alone and not being intimate with a girl. Still the curiosity bothers me. Confirmation is needed to conclude my assumption.

I asked questions though. Not straight forward ones because it will be obvious. I disguised my curiosity under these questions "what do you do on weekends?"and "whom do you hang out with?". The answer to the 1st is "doing houseworks" and "friends and sometimes alone" is for the latter. Those answers implying he's currenly not in any relationship. Again that's my assumption.

What I have is only assumption. Not exact answer of "yes" or "no". I arranged a seri of questions this morning. Questions that were implanted in my head and have been simulated. I would ask another question if the 1st one was answered smoothly. The last question would be the conclusion of all the preceding. The 1st question out of that seri was "what gift shoud a girl give to a boy for surprise?".

He didn't answer.